In 2016, I spend a few weeks in the Mpumalanga province photographing the region for local tour operators that were in need of new visual content. I decided to put together a few of my favourite images taken last year that best represents South Africa's most geographically diverse and beautiful area.
1. The magnificent Three Rondavels
2. Lisbon Falls
3. Sunrises 1700 metres above sea level at Misty Mountain
4. 200 million year old caves of Lone Creek, Sabie
5. Bourke's Luck Potholes
6. Forest walk in Kaapsehoop
7. Wonder View & God's Window
8. Riverside views from Potluck Boskombuis
9. Views of Robber's Pass, on the historic old road to Pilgrim's Rest
10. 25 kilometre wide Blyde River Canyon
11. Windy scenic mountain passes
12. Mountain views from Kaapsehoop
13. Sunset over Sappi Forests
14. Toboggan run down Long Tom Pass
15. Bridges along the mountain passes
16. Abundance of rivers filter through the escarpment.
17. Hiking trails through scenic rocky landscapes.